Our Early Childhood Learning Labs are specifically developed for pre-kindergarten and kindergarten students. These labs introduce students to the museum community with hands-on, exciting experiences that are age appropriate and lots of fun!
Click here to see how our programs align with the Ohio Revised Academic Science and Social Studies Standards as well as the Next Generation Science Standards and National Social Studies Academic Standards.
Please Note: Because of the limited space during construction, Learning Labs will not be available after Memorial Day to make room for summer camps. Learning Labs will be available again in late August.
- Available Tuesday through Friday.
- Labs begin on the hour and half hour starting at 9:30 a.m.
- 45 minutes
- Maximum 25 students per lab.
- Advance reservations are required for all groups.
- Changing your scheduled activities when you check-in will incur cancellation penalties. Call if your plans change.
- Book as far in advance as possible. Reservations for museum programs close two weeks out.
- Payment by credit card, check or purchase order is required two weeks in advance.
- Confirmation materials are emailed at the time of reservation.
Let's All Celebrate (Pre/Post PDF)
Children from all around the world love to celebrate. Travel the globe and explore a variety of child-centered ceremonies.
My Rainforest Adventure (Pre/Post PDF)
Take an imaginary tour of a rainforest canopy to learn about the animals and plants that live there. Meet several animals that call the rainforest home.
This Little Dinosaur (Pre/Post PDF)
Discover a tale of exploration that's 65 million years in the making through replica dinosaur fossils, footprints and other evidence.
Will it Float? (Pre/Post PDF)
Is water heavy or light? Does air have anything to do with buoyancy? Experiment with the basic principles of water as you test objects that either sink or float.