Our Science Learning Labs are specifically developed for students in grades 1 through 8. These labs are full of hands-on activities that integrate curriculum standards and give students a full learning experience.
Click here to see how our programs align with the Ohio Revised Academic Science and Social Studies Standards as well as the Next Generation Science Standards and National Social Studies Academic Standards.
- Available Tuesday through Friday
- Labs begin on the hour and half hour starting at 9:30 a.m.
- 60 minutes
- Maximum 30 students per lab.
- Advance reservations are required for all groups.
- Changing your scheduled activities when you check-in will incur penalties. Call if your plans change.
- Book as far in advance as possible. Reservations for museum programs close two weeks out.
- Payment by credit card, check or purchase order is required two weeks in advance.
- Confirmation materials are emailed at the time of reservation.
Be a Rock Star (Pre/Post PDF)
Transform into a geologist, follow the rock cycle and learn how rocks form and change. Discover the different properties of rocks and categorize them based on a set of criteria.
Bee the Pollinator
Organisms perform a variety of roles in an ecosystem. Learn how pollination works and about the different animals that play a role in this process. Students will experience how plants attract pollinators and see flowers through the eyes of a bee.
Cave Dwellers (Pre/Post PDF)
Discover the delicate ecosystem of a cave and investigate the animals that live there. Meet one of the cave dwellers that call Museum Center home!
Animal adaptations are all around us. Learn about how some animals adapt to survive with modified scales, teeth, feet, or armor. Check out these modifications with LIVE animals and real artifacts!
Dinosaur Discovery (Pre/Post PDF)
Become a junior paleontologist and work with your team to discover fossils wrapped in a crate. Then investigate the properties and characteristics of the fossils to identify them.
What’s the (State of) Matter?
Learn about solids, liquids, gases and plasma through fun, bubbly, sticky and electrifying experiments. Mix different states of matter to create something that isn’t quite a solid, liquid, gas or plasma and learn where it fits in the world of matter.