Cincinnati Museum Center Internships offer a wide array of learning opportunities and hands-on, practical experiences. Eligible candidates considering an internship are defined as individuals who meet one or more of the following criteria:
- currently enrolled as an undergraduate student
- have graduated within the past year
- are currently enrolled in graduate school
The time commitment for internships is a total of 10 weeks, unless indicated otherwise in the position description.
Internships will begin on January 21, 2019 and end on March 22, 2019. Shifts are flexible and depend on assignment. These positions are unpaid, but include a selection of benefits provided to all Cincinnati Museum Center volunteers.
Available Spring Internships
Complete the application packet by Monday, November 26, 2018 by following these steps:
- Provide one
Also include the following:
- Current résumé or CV
- Cover letter stating your current academic level and describing your interest and relevant experience related to the internship position(s) for which you are applying. You may list up to three positions.
- A transcript from an accredited institution, or have the institution’s registrar send it to the address below. (An unofficial transcript is acceptable.)
- A brief writing sample appropriate to your area of study.
- If interested in receiving academic credit from your accredited institution, please provide their requirements/guidelines
The completion of all above items is required to be considered.
Submit all forms and documents via email ator by mail to:
Cincinnati Museum Center
Volunteer & Intern Services
Internship Application Packet
1301 Western Avenue
Cincinnati, OH 45203
All completed application packets will be reviewed and sent to the departments of interest indicated in the cover letter. If a department's Internship Mentor is interested in pursuing you as a potential intern candidate, he/she will contact you to schedule an interview. This interview may be conducted over the phone or in person.
During your interview, you will discuss your academic program, your interests/experience and your availability. Individuals offered an internship will be notified via email, pending a clear background check. All accepted interns will be then contacted for orientation and training to review the policies and procedures of Cincinnati Museum Center.
Director, Volunteer & Intern Services
Although Cincinnati Museum Center internships are unpaid, many students earn academic credit for their dynamic and rewarding experience, in addition to the following benefits:
An opportunity to learn more about Cincinnati Museum Center and the professional opportunities it might hold for your future
The opportunity to meet with other interns and professionals in your field of study
Hands-on projects and opportunities to work with Museum professionals to learn about their roles, responsibilities and backgrounds
Complimentary tickets to exhibit areas for you and your family
Discounts at the food court